Changelog for the Visual Studio Code extension for PowerShell Universal.
- Extension no longer installs the UniversalDashboard module
- Fixed an issue where the extension would fail to activate
- Added support for viewing all files in the repository
- Added a notification if a script fails to save
- Fixed an issue where saving an endpoint would not work
- Fixed an issue where endpoints would update multiple times when saved
- Added support for multiple PowerShell Universal connections
- Simplified extension initialization.
- Added support for editing individual endpoints
- Removed settings for starting the PSU server from the extension.
- Aligned PSU version with extension version
- Fixed an issue where an error would be shown when loading the extension
- Fixed an issue where the wrong URL was used for viewing scripts
- Fixed an issue with module updates
- Fixed an issue with Connect-PSUServer being called before modules were installed
- Added support for view job status, logs, and pipeline output
- Force PowerShell extension to initialize when starting Universal
- Connect to the PowerShell Universal server (if configured) during startup
- Fixed an issue where remote editing of dashboards would not work
- Added 'Connect via Admin Console' to the connection dialog
- Added support for dashboard components and frameworks
- Added commands to install dashboard components and frameworks
- Added a check during startup for the current version of the Universal and UniversalDashboard modules
- Added a setting to disable the update module check (Check Modules)
- Improved the error message generated when the extension fails to connect to the server
- Fixed an issue with the URL for viewing jobs
- Fixed an issue with the URL for viewing the admin console page
- Dropped support for Universal 1.5
- Added support for self configuration in PowerShell Universal v2
- Fixed an issue where endpoints.ps1 and dashboards.ps1 could not be opened remotely
- Fixed an issue where the Local Editing setting was on by default
- Added an error message when a local file isn't found
- Added Local Editing Setting to edit files locally rather than via the REST API.
- Scripts are now sorted by name alphabetically
- An error is now shown when the extension cannot connect to PowerShell Universal
- Removed the auto-import of UD and PSU modules. We recommend you install these from the PowerShell Gallery
- Fixed an issue where the extension would fail to initialize on non-internet connected machines.
- Simplified first-time start up to attempt to connect with default settings to avoid having to do any configuration manually.
- Settings for controlling the sample browser
- Improved the error message returned when attempting to automatically grant an app token and it fails.
- Added a Sample Browser for inserting samples from the PowerShell Universal Samples Repository
- Added a version check for notification there is a new version of Universal
- Added a URL setting for connecting to PowerShell Universal
- Added new connection workflow to make it easier and more clear on how to connect to Universal.
- The extension now uses the REST API to make changes to configuration scripts
- Deprecated the Port and Computer name settings in favor of the URL setting
- The extension no longer automatically downloads PowerShell Universal
- Fixed issue when attempting to download on Windows or Mac
- Fixed issue where extension would not work with Mac OS X
- Added support for Debug-PSUDashboard
- Replaced PowerShell Versions with Environments in the configuration tree view
- Fixed an issue where the extension wouldn't activate correctly.
- Add a command for manually refreshing the PSU configuration
- Fixed an issue where components wouldn't import correctly
- Added a setting to disable starting the PowerShell Universal server on extension activation.
- Extension will fail to activate after a number of retries while connecting to the Universal server.
- Added support configuration files.
- Added support for scripts and jobs.
- Added support for APIs
- Initial release