Comment on page
Universal is a platform for building web-based IT tools.
Universal is a cross-platform solution for developing web-based tools with PowerShell. It currently provides three main features which include APIs, Automation and Dashboards.
Universal provides an Administrator console, management REST API, PowerShell cmdlets and a idempotent configuration system using PowerShell scripts.
- Build REST endpoints with PowerShell
- Accept common HTTP verbs
- Process request bodies
- Build dynamic URLs with route parameters and query strings
- Run scripts and view output, pipeline output, and parameters
- Respond to feedback from cmdlets like Read-Host
- Schedule scripts with CRON or one-time schedules
- Automatically build input forms based on param blocks
- Set variables and secrets that can be used throughout scripts
- Build web pages with PowerShell script
- Include input forms, charts and tables
- Build interactive websites with buttons, message boxes and more
- Cross-platform and supported on Windows and Linux
- Git integration for configuration files, scripts and dashboards
- Built-in authentication and authorization
- Support for Windows PowerShell as well as PowerShell
Universal is licensed per feature and per server. You do not need to buy the entire platform if you would like to use a single piece of functionality. Visit our website for more information on pricing.
Universal offers a lot of functionality for free. Below is a list of the features that require a paid license.
You can run as many APIs are you want for free. You will need to purchase a license if you would like to enable authentication, authorization and rate limiting.
With the free version of dashboard, you can run unauthenticated dashboards. You will not have access to the diagnostics or console pages.