Comment on page
Changelog for the Visual Studio Code extension for PowerShell Universal.
- Added support for self configuration in PowerShell Universal v2
- Fixed an issue where endpoints.ps1 and dashboards.ps1 could not be opened remotely
- Fixed an issue where the Local Editing setting was on by default
- Added an error message when a local file isn't found
- Added Local Editing Setting to edit files locally rather than via the REST API.
- Scripts are now sorted by name alphabetically
- An error is now shown when the extension cannot connect to PowerShell Universal
- Removed the auto-import of UD and PSU modules. We recommend you install these from the PowerShell Gallery
- Fixed an issue where the extension would fail to initialize on non-internet connected machines.
- Simplified first-time start up to attempt to connect with default settings to avoid having to do any configuration manually.
- Settings for controlling the sample browser
- Improved the error message returned when attempting to automatically grant an app token and it fails.
- Added a Sample Browser for inserting samples from the PowerShell Universal Samples Repository
Breaking Change: This version of the extension only works with version 1.5.0 or later of PowerShell Universal
- Added a version check for notification there is a new version of Universal
- Added a URL setting for connecting to PowerShell Universal
- Added new connection workflow to make it easier and more clear on how to connect to Universal.
- The extension now uses the REST API to make changes to configuration scripts
- Deprecated the Port and Computer name settings in favor of the URL setting
- The extension no longer automatically downloads PowerShell Universal
- Fixed issue when attempting to download on Windows or Mac
- Fixed issue where extension would not work with Mac OS X
- Added support for Debug-PSUDashboard
- Replaced PowerShell Versions with Environments in the configuration tree view
- Fixed an issue where the extension wouldn't activate correctly.
- Add a command for manually refreshing the PSU configuration
- Fixed an issue where components wouldn't import correctly
- Added a setting to disable starting the PowerShell Universal server on extension activation.
- Extension will fail to activate after a number of retries while connecting to the Universal server.
- Added support configuration files.
- Added support for scripts and jobs.
- Added support for APIs
- Initial release